About Our Association
The B.W. Wells Association works on three fronts to achieve our mission. We hold events, workshops, hikes and tours to teach people about:
- B.W. Wells and his important botanical contributions to North Carolina.
- The unique geology of Rockcliff Farm.
- The ecological relationship between the wildflowers of Rockcliff Farm and its geology.
- The history of the farm itself, the people who lived there and how they used the farm.
The Association's annual meetings are fun affairs for young and old, a good time to celebrate.
The BW Wells Association improves Rockcliff Farm by:
- Adding features such as trail-side displays to better educate the public.
- Building demonstration areas along the trails to highlight farming activities such as the use of Mangum terraces to prevent erosion, and butchering pigs and curing their meat.
- Holding work sessions to maintain the buildings, the trails and grounds.
- N.C. Botanical Garden
- N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences
- N.C. Native Plant Society
- Wake Forest Garden Club.
B.W. Wells Association
Click the links below to learn more about us.
President – Sanford Bailey
Vice President – Joel bailey
Treasurer – Joe Paulonis
Secretary – Carmen Samples
Committee Chair – Jimmy Ray
Board of Directors
Carmen Samples (Membership)
Sanford Bailey (At Large)
Julie Moore (Education and Events)
B. H. Powell (Membership)
Joel Wolf (Grounds)
Jimmy Ray (Corporate Partners)
Craig Cooper (Communications)
Hugh Nourse (Communications)